The 13th EAI International Conference on Communications and Networking in China (ChinaCom 2018) will be held on October 23-25, 2018, at Chengdu, China. ChinaCom is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT. The aim of ChinaCom is to bring together Chinese and international researchers and practitioners in networking and communications under one roof, building a showcase of these fields in China. ChinaCom is being positioned as the premier international annual conference for the presentation of original and fundamental research advances in the field of communications, networks, and internet applications. In 2018, the city of Chengdu, a famous historical and cultural city of China, will host ChinaCom’18. The conference will feature high-quality Tutorials and Workshops, Industry Panels and Exhibitions, as well as Keynotes from prominent research and industry leaders. As part of the conference, we solicit proposals for half-day or full-day workshops.
Organization and Submission Procedure
The aim of the conference workshops is to emphasize emerging topics of particular interest to the conference attendees not specifically covered in the main conference. Each workshop may include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussions.
Proposal submissions should be sent to the Workshops Chairs by email as a PDF file attachment with the subject of ChinaCom 2018 Workshop Proposal.
Priority will be given to proposals that not only address an exciting topic but also promise a creative format likely to generate lively interactions and foster new ideas. Examples include bringing practitioners and researchers together, as well as facilitating multi-disciplinary discussions that can lead to high impact and transformative research. All accepted workshops should implement peer-reviews of accepted papers. Papers will be added to the ChinaCom 2018 Conference Proceedings, and will be submitted for inclusion in Springer and EI Compendex.
1. Proposal Deadline: Jun. 15, 2018
2.Notification of acceptance: July 30,2018
Each workshop proposal (maximum 5 pages) must include:
- Title of the workshop
- Description of the technical issues covered, emphasizing the timeliness of the proposed workshop (1 page maximum)
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation and contact information)
- A short biography of the organizers (up to 200 words)
- Names of potential participants, such as program committee members and invited speakers (indication that speakers accepted to participate is a plus)
- Planned format of the workshop, including
– Duration of the workshop: Half-day, Full-day and tentative schedule
– Preferred day of workshop: Monday October 22, 2018
– Number of refereed papers, hot topic sessions, keynotes, panels (and panel formats) etc.
– Plan for the review of the refereed papers according to the academic best-practices
– Unique, creative and novel workshops formats are strongly encouraged and will be given particular consideration.
- Draft Call for Papers
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan
- The workshop potential website address (if available at the time of the proposal – will be required later if the workshop proposal is accepted)
- If appropriate, a description of past versions of the workshop, including number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees, etc.Workshop Chairs